Senior Associate, Public Affairs
The Novus Group is seeking a Senior Associate, Public Affairs to assist in the development and execution of public affairs strategies for our clients.
The Novus Group provides strategic consulting services to government and commercial clients. As a start-up firm that gained a foothold from campaign-style hustle, our team thrives when developing untraditional, innovative solutions to common problems. We aren't afraid to take risks, and as a result, we reach and engage stakeholders in ways that others can't. Utilizing new and cutting edge technology and techniques, we assist our clients in building consensus, overcoming opposition and ultimately, achieving their goals efficiently and effectively. Learn more about us at www.novus-grp.com.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development and execution of complex public affairs campaigns, including message development, coalition building, media relations, grassroots activations, and paid/digital media campaigns.
- Developing communication materials for clients, including web, social media, action alerts, press releases, and newsletters.
- Conducting policy research and analysis and creating policy memos, fact sheets, written testimony, and other written material.
- Coordination and execution of public events.
- Ability to interface with clients independently as needed.
- Assistance with scheduling as needed.
- “Can do” attitude with a willingness and excitement to take on different responsibilities and projects
- Either public affairs or political campaign experience; minimum 2 years
- High level of independence
- Superior written skills
- Superior oral communications skills
- Positive and proactive attitude
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.